Well my word was in danger if I didn’t release this before the new year arrives 😀 so here it is, Version 0.4 of iTuny the Launchy companion to control your iTunes from the confort of your keyboard.
So what’s new on this version… well 5 new features and some bug fixes from the previous version 0.3 so let’s get this straight.
- PrevAlbum and NextAlbum (this code is from jarethbone so the credit goes to him, i just added a message to tell you the info)
- Artwork on the Track info window, this is something i’m just testing so please let me know if you like it this way or the other way. I changed the tooltip version of the Track info to a window that auto disappears after an amount of time. This window contains the same info as the tooltip version + the artwork. so to call this just do the same as before iTunes Track. The tooltip version is still there but now to call it you have to type iTunes info and the tooltip version will appear.
- Art, this is a window with just the artwork. That’s all. It disappears after an amount of time.
And finally but not less the feature that I love (I hope you will), the TAG feature (as suggested by Rob here at my blog).
The Tag feature let’s you do that. Tag the current playing song. By now it lets you tag the next fields:
- Genre (Rock, HardRock, Pop, etc…)
- Track (this is the Track number)
- Year (4 digit)
- VolumeAdjustment (from -100 to 100)
To use it just type:
- iTunes Tag > name “multispace name”
- iTunes Tag > name singlespacename
After sometime typing it you could use itag or tag and launchy will recognize this as your preferred action for that word.
- Problem with Main Music playlist (Musik) in German . Reported by Lakriz
- Problems with the installer, in some cases it wouldn’t create the links correctly.
The RAR (556k) contains:
- iTunes Control.exe
- iTunes Control.au3 (source code)
- NA.jpg (the no artwork image)
To install it just double click the iTunes Control.exe and the installer will popout.
By some reason Avast Antivirus is giving me false positives on all autoit scripts, so don’t be fooled this script is safe, contains NO virus, trojan or any other malware. The source code is on the package for you to see.
Hope you like the changes, and comments are always welcomed.
This fix an issue with the Query function that in some iTunes installations returns nothing every time.